Litigation Paralegal – Baton Rouge
With 190 attorneys from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston, and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies, and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller has an opening for a paralegal to work in our casualty mass tort practice group.
- Assist attorneys with all phases of litigation from case inception through discovery, resolution or trial, post-trial and case closure
- Prepare court filings and assembling of exhibits
- Drafting and responding to discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and support for depositions, hearings and mediations
- Review and summarize depositions and medical records
- Maintain case dockets and calendars
- Coordinate electronic discovery
Personal Attributes Required
- Exhibits professional verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Possess strong technical skills
- Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Keeps appropriate people informed of the status of projects, work and deadlines
- Maintains a positive and “can do” attitude
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed
Experience and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor’s or Associates degree, as well as a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved school is highly desired
- Minimum of 3 years prior paralegal experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the litigation lifecycle: case management, document review, and trial experience
- Technical proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, paid parking, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews.
How to Apply
Please email a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.