Litigation Paralegal - Baton Rouge
Kean Miller has an opening in our Baton Rouge office for a experienced Litigation Paralegal.
Position Duties Include:
- Assist attorneys with all phases of litigation from case inception through discovery, resolution or trial, post-trial and case closure
- Prepare court filings and assembling of exhibits
- Drafting and responding to discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and support for depositions, hearings and meditations
- Review and summarize medical records and billing statements
- Maintain case dockets and calendars
- Conduct factual or legal research; examine public records; locate witnesses; trace documents and other physical evidence
- Assist with trial preparation logistics, including setting up trial space, and attending trial, as needed
- Help manage budgets and invoices for litigation matters
- Assist with document collections, reviews and document productions
- Coordinate electronic discovery via Relativity, Ringtail, Case Notebook, and/or Trial Director
Personal Attributes Required:
- Exhibits professional verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Keeps appropriate people informed of the status of projects, work and deadlines
- Maintains a positive and “can do” attitude when dealing with clients, co-workers, and attorneys
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed
Experience and Education Requirements:
Kean Miller provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, a great working environment, stability, generous paid-time off, and a 401K plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree is required as well as a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved school
- Minimum of 5 years prior paralegal experience in litigation highly desired
- Must have strong knowledge of state and federal court rules
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the litigation lifecycle: case management, document review, and trial experience
- Technical proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Relativity, Case Notebook, and Trial Director is highly desired
Qualified candidates please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Kean Miller is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal and local laws prohibiting discrimination based upon, race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline and discharge.