With more than 165 attorneys, Kean Miller is one of the largest full-service law firms based in Louisiana from offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Houston and The Woodlands.
Kean Miller has an opening for a litigation paralegal to work in our Offshore Energy and Marine Litigation practice group.
- Assist attorneys with all phases of litigation from case inception through discovery, resolution or trial, post-trial and case closure
- Prepare court filings and assembling of exhibits
- Drafting and responding to discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and support for depositions, hearings and mediations
- Review and summarize depositions and medical records
- Maintain case dockets and calendars
- Assist with document collections, reviews and document productions
- Coordinate electronic discovery.
Personal Attributes Required
- Exhibits professional verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Possess strong technical skills
- Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Keeps appropriate people informed of the status of projects, work and deadlines
- Maintains a positive and “can do” attitude when dealing with clients, co-workers, and attorneys
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed
Experience and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor’s or Associates degree is desired as well as a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved school
- Minimum of 5 years prior paralegal experience in litigation required
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the litigation lifecycle: case management, document review, and trial experience
- Technical proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews.
Kean Miller is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal and local laws prohibiting discrimination based upon, race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline and discharge.
Qualified candidates, please email your confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org