With 200 attorneys from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston, and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies, and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
As part of the Technology team, the Litigation Support Specialist supports e-Discovery services delivered to users within the Firm. The Litigation Support Specialist handles service requests involving the Firm’s e-Discovery software platforms such as Relativity and Westlaw Case Notebook and reports to the Litigation Support Manager.
- Collecting, processing, reviewing, and producing electronic data using relevant software platforms
- Identifying and handling data quality concerns
- Researching data discrepancies and addressing issues
- Creating and deactivating of users and groups
- Assigning user and group permissions as needed
- Creating litigation databases, cases, and timelines in appropriate applications
- Archiving data from all software applications as needed upon completion of projects
- Communicating daily with attorneys and other staff regarding status of requests
- Assisting attorneys with trial presentation software as needed
- Developing and maintaining documentation on processes and procedures
- Promoting standardization and best practices to improve quality and productivity
- Responsible for managing attorney expectations and delivering superior level of service
Required Technical Knowledge
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive)
- Familiarity with basic project management concepts
- Understanding of basic concepts of uploading/downloading of data to and from FTP sites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer-focused approach
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing demands of business
- Detail-oriented with the ability to support key applications
- Ability to prioritize work based on tasks and issues that arise
- Ability to work in team environment by not only giving instruction and direction, but also taking direction and collaboratively working through tasks, issues and obstacles
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends as needed
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, paid parking, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews.
How to Apply
Please email a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.