Maureen Harbourt Recognized as 2010 Influential Woman in Business
Ms. Harbourt joined the firm in 1983 and has over 25 years of experience in Louisiana environmental law. She represents local, national and international industrial and commercial clients in a wide variety of substantive environmental areas such as Title V, PSD and CAIR air permitting, emissions trading, greenhouse gas and climate change, stratospheric ozone regulation, underground injection including gas storage and carbon sequestration projects, hazardous waste and remediation, RECAP, environmental compliance and audits, environmental aspects of project financing, due diligence and environmental issues in mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations, and with respect to regulatory and legislative development. Ms. Harbourt works with the Louisiana Chemical Association and other trade associations and individual clients with regard to environmental permitting and project planning, as well as rulemaking and legislative issues. She regularly advises clients with regarding to compliance issues. Maureen has particular experience in creating in-plant environmental training programs. She also works extensively with other members of the firm on energy and alternative energy development projects. Ms. Harbourt earned her J.D. from the LSU Law Center in 1982 and her B.A. from Louisiana State University in 1979.
Ms. Harbourt is a founding member of the firm’s Diversity Council and regularly participates in activities to encourage diversity within the legal profession. She is listed in the 2010 edition of Louisiana Super Lawyers as one of the top 25 women attorneys in the state. Ms. Harbourt joins Linda Perez Clark (2008) and Katherine W. King (2005) as Influential Women in Business honorees.
Baton Rouge Business Report's 2010 Influential Women in Business were recognized at an awards luncheon on Thursday, June 10, 2010 in Baton Rouge. Additional 2010 honorees include:
- Dana Nunez Brown — President, Brown+Danos landdesign
- Jerry del Rio — Broker/Owner, Jerry del Rio Real Estate
- Joanie Netterville Dubroc — Senior vice president/South Louisiana community banking executive, Regions Bank
- Tia Edwards — Deputy executive director, Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Suna Adam Knaus — President/Owner, Gulf South Research Corporation
- Katherine Martin — Executive director, O’Brien House
- Peggy B. Scott — Executive vice president/COO/CFO, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- ElizabethTreppendahl — Vice president, Wright & Percy Insurance