With 175 attorneys from offices in Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, Lake Charles, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies, and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller has an opening for a Medical Malpractice litigation paralegal to work in our Lafayette office.
- Assist attorneys with all phases of litigation from case inception through discovery, resolution or trial, post-trial, and case closure
- Prepare court filings and assembling of exhibits
- Drafting and responding to discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and support for depositions, hearings, and mediations
- Review and summarize depositions and medical records
- Maintain case dockets and calendars
- Assist with document collections, reviews, and document productions
- Coordinate electronic discovery
- Prepare extensive medical summaries and chronologies
Personal Attributes Required
- Exhibits professional verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Possess strong technical skills
- Must be able to multi-task and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Keeps appropriate people informed of the status of projects, work, and deadlines
- Maintains a positive and “can do” attitude
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed
Experience and Education Requirements
- A Bachelors or Associates degree, as well as a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved school is highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years prior paralegal experience
- Experience in medical malpractice, health care regulatory/transactional fields a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the litigation lifecycle: case management, document review, and trial experience
- Technical proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews.
How to Apply
Please email a confidential resume to email@example.com.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.