With 185 attorneys from offices in Houston, The Woodlands, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, and Shreveport, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies, and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller has an opening for a paralegal to work in our Houston office with our bankruptcy and litigation attorneys.
- Draft basic filing for bankruptcy court
- Draft bankruptcy schedules and claims
- Review UCC and similar public records
- Prepare and file corporate filings and UCC financial statements
- Prepare transactional closing documents
- Assist attorneys with all phases of litigation from case inception through discovery, resolution or trial, post-trial, and case closure
- Prepare court filings and assembling of exhibits
- Drafting and responding to discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and support for depositions, hearings, and mediations
- Review and summarize depositions and medical records
- Maintain case dockets and calendars
- Assist with document collections, reviews, and document productions
Personal Attributes Required
- Exhibits professional verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Possess strong technical skills
- Keeps appropriate people informed of the status of projects, work, and deadlines
- Flexible and willing to pitch in wherever needed
Experience and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor’s or Associates degree, as well as a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved school is highly desired
- Minimum of 2-4 years prior paralegal experience in Bankruptcy as well as litigation
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and annual salary reviews. Our culture is like no other. You will find Kean Miller to be rewarding, collaborative, supportive, and the best place you have ever worked.
How to Apply
Please email a confidential resume to email@example.com.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.