With more than 200 attorneys from offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller is seeking a part time file clerk in our New Orleans office.
- Properly scanning, profiling, relating and saving electronic documents such as correspondence, discovery, medical records, depositions and pleadings into a document management program, with specific guidance from an assigned group.
- Maintenance of multiple indices that refer to the saved documents, with specific guidance from the assigned group.
- Proper identification, labeling and filing of physical documents, as well as keeping a record of the current location of the physical file, with specific guidance from the assigned group.
- Locates and/or retrieves documents upon request and delivers to requesting party. Keeps records of material removed, and traces missing files and/or documents.
- Prioritizes and completes daily tasks with other urgent/special projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains communication with supervisor(s) on a regularly basis regarding schedule, work progress, and project status.
- Assist other file clerks, practice groups, Central Files and HR with special projects as needed.
- Cross train peers in order to fill in with electronic filing when absent.
- Communicate with all members of the Firm in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please send a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.