Rachel M. ScarafiaAssociate
Download VCard Print This Profile
Rachel Scarafia is an associate in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2019 and practices in the oil, gas and energy groups.
Rachel is listed in The Best Lawyers in America as a One to Watch from 2021-2023 in Energy and Oil and Gas law and Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2022 and 2023 in Energy & Natural Resources law.
Rachel earned her BLS with a concentration in Environmental Science from Florida Atlantic University Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College in 2009 and earned her Masters of Education from Florida Atlantic University College of Education in 2011. She earned her J.D., summa cum laude, from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2015, where she was named a William L. Crowe Sr. Scholar, admitted into the Order of the Barristers, member of the Moot Court executive board and the Loyola Law Review.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2015; Florida, 2015
- Louisiana and Florida State Bar Associations; Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Institute for Energy Law, Center for American and International Law
- Board Member, Women’s Energy Network South Louisiana Chapter, New Orleans Special Events Director/Holiday Tea Co-Chair (2019), Community Initiatives/Scholarship (2020)
- Sub-Committee Member, Louisiana State Bar Association Diversity Committee, LGBT Diversity Sub-Committee, 2019
- BOEM to Issue a Call to Further Assess Commercial Interest in Wind Energy Leasing in the Gulf, Louisiana Law Blog, November 1, 2021
- The State of Wind Energy in the United States: Blowing into the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana Law Blog, July 4, 2021
- Proof of Delivery Now Required for Your Time-sensitive Pleadings, Louisiana Law Blog, June 10, 2021