Kean Miller is one of the largest full-service law firms based in Louisiana from offices in Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, Houston and The Woodlands, we serve the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller has an opening for a receptionist to work in our Lake Charles office.
Major Duties of Position:
- Answer all incoming telephone calls, transferring to appropriate extensions or taking messages
- Greet visitors, collect client information, and ensure they are welcomed in a professional manner in conformity to the Firm standards (offered water, coffee, tea, etc.)
- Maintain a neat, well stocked, and organized atmosphere of desk and surrounding guest area
- Maintain knowledge of “Who is Who” throughout the Firm
- Go above and beyond on simple requests to make things easier on others
- Handles inbound and outbound mail
- Able to perform a variety of clerical functions, including letter drafting, data entry, scanning and filing
- Assists with setting up video conferencing as needed with other offices or clients
- Orders office supplies and coordinates with the main officer for delivery
- Coordinate with vendors and services they provide
- Reserve and coordinate scheduling of conference rooms through our Meeting Planning Software
- Responsible for checking calendars throughout the day and update with new or cancelled meetings as necessary
Requirements of this position:
- High school diploma
- Minimum 2 years in a clerical or administrative role
- Exceptional customer service skills, professional demeanor, strong initiative and able to adapt to any given situation, highly dependable, and maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrates proficiency to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized at all times. Must be reliable and punctual. Must have an outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
- Business professional attire is required.
- Proficiency with Word and Outlook required.
Kean Miller provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, a great working environment, stability, generous paid-time off, and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews.
How to Apply
Please email a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.