Kean Miller is hiring for a Records and Information Governance Manager who will work with attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and staff firmwide to develop, implement, and continuously improve the Firm’s procedures and controls which govern the lifecycle of the record.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position will help develop a strategic plan for a Records and Information Management (RIM) program using best practices to support and achieve long-range Firm goals.
- Continually assesses industry standards and improvement programs through attendance at leading IG and RIM conferences, and make recommendations for updates and modifications as needed.
- Collaborate with practice group leaders, client teams, and firm service departments to encourage business process improvement opportunities, and RIM utilization.
- Establish RIM program methodologies for the management of information in electronic and digital formats.
- Partner with the Firm’s Technology Team to develop best practices and procedures related to managing electronic information repositories.
- Provide programs, information, and training to all levels of attorneys and staff within the Firm.
- Oversee operations and functions of the Records Department which includes, but not limited to:
- Oversees the Conflict of Interest Reports
- Oversees New Business Intake Process
- Oversees the management of the lifecycle of the record
- Lead the team by coaching, mentoring and resolving problems to support operations, articulate goals, recognize individual achievement and facilitate and encourage continuing education and development of the team
- Work with the Firm’s General Counsel to ensure all legal and ethical obligations are met.
- Manage and maintain the records and information management disaster preparedness plan.
- Work with the Chief Information Officer in responding to data security issues and provide oversight to incident response team as needed.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Library Science, Information Management and Systems, Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience: Prefer three (3) years’ experience in Information Management, compliance, legal privacy, data protection, or related area.
- Certification Preferred: Certified Records Manager (CRM); Certified Records Analyst (CRA); or Records Information Management (RIM) Certification or currently in the certification process.
- Strong technical background with excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel along with experience managing staff is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid project management and process improvement skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, in face to face interaction with others, and in writing.
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and paid benefits, a great work environment, stability, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.