Bob Hawthorne is of counsel to the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He is one of the founding members of the firm and practices in the estate planning and probate, business and corporate, and real estate groups. Bob represents clients in the finance, acquisition, construction, purchase, refinancing, management, leasing and sale of various types of real estate developments, both commercial and residential, including office buildings, shopping malls, manufacturing facilities, retail centers, industrial facilities, and commercial developments.
Bob advises business and corporate clients with regard to commercial lending transactions, financings, and the structure and formation of corporate entities. He has extensive experience in the negotiation and structuring of construction, permanent and mezzanine financing. Bob has particular experience in transactions involving industrial sites, real estate titles and probate matters.
Bob is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Representation of major oil company in the formation and structure of a business venture concerning ownership and operation of a refinery site
- Representation of regional retail cafeteria chain in site acquisitions, site management, and site dispositions
- Representation of real estate trade association dealing with brokerage issues and problems
Bob earned his B.S. from Louisiana State University in 1959. He earned his J.D. in 1962 from the LSU Law Center where he was a member of Phi Delta Phi, Omicron Delta Kappa, Order of the Coif, and Associate Editor of the Louisiana Law Review. He served as an Adjunct Professor at the LSU Law Center from 1981 to 1982 and from 1986 to 1999.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1962
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State (Uniform Title Standards Committee) and American Bar Associations; American College of Mortgage Attorneys (Former Regent)
- President, Secretary, The Burden Foundation
- President, Board of Directors, Louisiana Symphony Association
- Chairman, Board of Deacons, Board of Trustees, Sunday School Teacher, University Baptist Church
- Director, Salvation Army Advisory Board
- President, East Baton Rouge Chapter, LSU Alumni Federation
- Chairman, Baton Rouge Bank Counsel Group
- Commissioner, Downtown Development District
- Division Head, Community Fund for the Arts
- Secretary, Republican State Central Committee
- Director, City Club of Baton Rouge
- Commissioner, Secretary, Louisiana Naval War Memorial Commission