Robert S. MacIntyre, Jr.Partner
Download VCard Print This Profile
Bob MacIntyre is a partner in the Houston office of Kean Miller, practicing in the areas of Probate, Trust, and Guardianship Litigation and Administration. For the past 45 years, he has focused his practice on trying all types of estate, trust, and guardianship cases, and subsequently obtained favorable jury verdicts in will contest cases. Bob represents individuals and institutions in probate and contest of wills; the interpretation and modification of trusts; and the creation of, and opposition to, guardianships. His clients include individuals, trust companies, and numerous non-profit and charitable entities throughout Texas.
- Representation of clients and fiduciaries in contested will cases.
- Representation of beneficiaries as well as trustees in all manner of trust litigation.
- Representation of creditors in obtaining relief in probate court.
- Representation of individuals with significant resources in resolving their differences with various taxing authorities.
- Representation of families and/or individuals in contested guardianships.
Bob earned his B.A. from Kenyon College in 1969. He earned his J.D. from University of Houston Law Center in 1973.
Admitted, Texas, 1973; U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern District of Texas; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Fellow, American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Fellow, Houston Bar Foundation (Director, 1989-1991; 1984-1986; Treasurer, 1987-1988; Secretary, 1986-1987)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas (Director, 1990-1993; Member, Grievance Committee, 1983-1986; Chair, Grievance Committee, 1986)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association
- Member, Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Assistant Attorney General of the State of Texas, 1973-1975
- Trustee, The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research Foundation (TIRR); Chair, 2011-2012
- President, TIRR Family, 2007
- Director, Episcopal High School Dads' Club, 1992-2000; President 1994
- President, Garwood Hunting Club, 1993-1994
- Director, West University Little League, 1989-1992
- AV Preeminent peer review rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Recipient, Joseph S. Horrigan award from the State Bar of Texas for Fiduciary Excellence, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, (Woodward/White Inc.), 2006-2023
- Texas Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2006-2022
- Best Lawyer in Houston, H Texas Magazine
- "Administration with a Surviving Spouse", State Bar of Texas Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course, June 2007
- “Trial of Will Contests”, University of Houston College of Law, 2006
- "Trial of Will Contests", South Texas College of Law, 2005
- “Survey of Recent Cases", Houston Bar Association, Probate Section, Fall 2002
- "Probate Litigation in Decedents' Estates", Legal Assistants Division, State Bar of Texas, Fall 2002
- "Advanced Civil Discovery Under the New Rules", University of Houston Law Foundation, Spring 2000 and 2001
- “Fiduciary Risk”, Trust Section of Texas Bankers’ Association, 2001
- "Ethics and Malpractice: Practical Considerations for Estate Planning and Probate Lawyers: A Case Study Ethics Panel", Wills & Probate Institute, 1997 & 1998
- "Evidentiary Problems in Probate Litigation", Spring 1992
- "Other Personal Property Liens-Common Law and Statutory Possessory Liens", State Bar of Texas Institute, Winter 1990