Kean Miller, one of the leading law firms in the Gulf Coast with more than 165 attorneys in 8 offices in Louisiana and Texas, is seeking a Senior Marketing and Business Development Manager based in our downtown Baton Rouge office.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Business Development, and the Director of Client Services, this is a collaborative role working closely with a New Orleans-based Marketing Manager, a Baton Rouge-based Marketing Coordinator, and a Baton Rouge-based Marketing Intern.
Fantastic opportunity to learn and grow in the fast-paced legal marketing industry with an established team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads the development and implementation of marketing strategies at the attorney, practice group, and Firm levels.
- Manages projects specifically related to helping attorneys achieve their marketing plan objectives.
- Assists with RFPs and client pitches in coordination with practice group attorneys and other business professionals across the Firm, including drafting original content.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and manages client-facing marketing events.
- Manages participation in external seminars, sponsorships, speaking opportunities, professional/industry organizations, and networking events.
- Researches and analyzes information to identify marketing opportunities as well as speaking and authorship opportunities.
- Coordinates and implements media relations and external communications.
- Assists in the development of ads, promotional materials, Firm communications, and general design projects.
- Helps to prepare selected pitches/proposals, including compiling materials and rehearsing presentations.
- Develops, disseminates, and updates various marketing materials, ensuring materials are up-to-date and readily available, including practice descriptions and brochures, experience lists, and biographies.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of databases for mailing and contact lists in coordination with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Manages website and social media content and ensures accuracy.
- Collaborates with practice group attorneys to support practice group, office, and Firm marketing and public relations initiatives.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant professional marketing experience.
- Law firm or other professional services experience is preferred.
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to write business correspondence, proposals/pitches, and reports.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications.
- Time management and organizational skills to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs, and exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and dedication to high-quality work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals with differing opinions and diverse personalities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proactive self-starter; strategic thinker.
- Ability to work independently as well as manage projects and assignments in a collaborative team environment.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, familiarity using a CRM system and photo and design programs, and ability to adapt to new software programs.
- Flexibility with working hours and business travel.
To apply, please send a resume and creative writing sample/work product to firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be handled confidentially.
About Kean Miller
Kean Miller LLP is one of the largest and best recognized law firms in the Gulf South region. For nearly 40 years, the Firm has been innovating and growing, revolutionizing the standards for excellence in client service, and earning numerous awards for its market-leading practices and thoughtful and creative legal representation. Consistently named to the National Law Journal’s NLJ 500 and the Law 360 Top 400 lists, Kean Miller is Mansfield 3.0 certified, an honor bestowed for a select group of law firms which demonstrate a genuine commitment to diversity in the legal profession. The Firm’s collaborative culture, people-first approach, and devotion to quality are foundational to the Firm’s continued success, reflecting its reputation in the market. From the Firm’s eight offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Shreveport, Lake Charles, Houston, and The Woodlands, and over 165 attorneys, Kean Miller delivers sophisticated and practical counsel to Fortune 500 leaders, national businesses, and local companies.