With more than 165 attorneys, Kean Miller is one of the largest full-service law firms based in Louisiana from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Houston and The Woodlands, we serve the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy.
Kean Miller has an opening for a System Administrator to work in our Baton Rouge office.
The System Administrator works under the direction of the Network Infrastructure Manager. The System Administrator is responsible for the upkeep, configuration and the reliable operation of all internal systems, Citrix, Exchange and other hosted platforms. The System Administrator ensures that all systems are updated and accurate, with oversight and responsibility for uptime, performance and security of such systems. To meet these needs, a system administrator may acquire, install or upgrade computer components and software, provide routine automation, maintain security policies, troubleshoot, train and offer technical support for projects.
The System Administrator will strategically execute department and Firm goals, under the guidance of the Network Infrastructure Manager, coordinating such goals with other groups throughout the Firm, such as Executive Management, Finance, Records and Facilities, working in a collaborative effort to understand user requirements and development of processes to define goals and process for the success of all initiatives.
The System Administrator must be able to work with users of varied technical ability and have strong communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills. The System Administrator will need to be organized, passionate and goal oriented, using their skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the team. The role also requires the System Administrator to be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree, technical certification or equivalent work experience required
- Prior work experience in a legal environment, preferred
- Must have experience in five or more of the following areas:
- Configuration and support of Windows Server 2012 or higher
- Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Microsoft Office 365, including Teams and OneDrive administration
- Understanding of basic application architecture and configuration
- Experience with VMware and Citrix virtualization platforms
- Experience ShoreTel/Mitel or other hosted phone platforms
- Security best practices in relationship to email, web filtering and user education
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Understanding of basic project management processes
The System Administrator will be required to perform the following duties daily:
- New hire, user updates and departing user account maintenance
- Group policy management
- Oversight of Active Directory accounts, distribution lists and security groups
- Provision and deploy virtual servers and desktops as required
- Create and maintain all required documentation on an ongoing basis
- Participate fully in the Change Management process
- Account and system auditing as assigned
- Provide escalated support for the help desk
- Provide daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of all systems
- Special projects as assigned
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan.
How to Apply
Please send a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kean Miller is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal and local laws prohibiting discrimination based upon, race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, or other status protected by law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline and discharge.