With 190 attorneys from offices in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, Houston, and The Woodlands, Kean Miller serves the legal needs of the people, businesses, and industries that drive the regional economy. Our people provide creative solutions, unique strategies, and unparalleled value that allow our clients to perform at the highest level.
Kean Miller is seeking a Technology Support Engineer to work in our Technology Department in our Baton Rouge office.
The primary role of this position is to provide outstanding customer service for Tier 2 service requests and issues reported by firm personnel, while enabling efficient and effective workflows for employee’s firm-wide by identifying, developing, and delivering appropriate training solutions. This position reports to the Software & Support Manager and collaborates with other members of the Support Team to prepare, install, maintain, support, and track firm applications, desktop operating systems, and hardware in service to the technological needs and policies of the firm.
- Conduct in-person and remote analysis to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve Tier 2 service requests during normal firm hours, and after-hours when on call (rotating schedule)
- Follow-up on incidents to ensure proper resolution
- Appropriately escalate issues and requests
- Isolate recurring technical or training issues to proactively address end-user issues, and collaborates with other teammates
- Prepare and setup computers and peripherals for new users, manage hardware exchanges/upgrades, and facilitate lease returns
- Manage inventory and the distribution of loaner equipment
- Maintain clear, concise, and consistent records/documentation of problems, requests, and resolutions
- Update, create, and edit Knowledge Base articles and team documentation
- Document and track hardware inventory and software licensing
- Remain thoroughly informed and aware of all updates/changes and take proactive measures accordingly
- Maintain technical proficiency through ongoing professional development
- Support the Infrastructure & Office Services
- Travel to Kean Miller offices and trial sites for equipment setup, exchanges, office moves, and other technology support functions
- Approach all work with a client-centric mindset, and remain professional at all times
- Designing and delivering technical training, resources, and accompanying materials to drive adoption and usage of firm applications and technology
- Continuously creating and maintaining needed user documentation and other reference materials
- Collaborating with Human Resources and/or Department Manager/Supervisor to coordinate new-hire training schedules and identify specific orientation training needs
- Provide desk-side assistance and floor support during and after training
Required Technical Knowledge
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise or higher
- Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams)
- Standard tools for diagnosing and resolving desktop, laptop, network, and mobile device issues
- Conventional ticketing systems, network protocols, printers, and peripherals
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Citrix and VPN technologies
- In-depth knowledge of templates, document design, and styles
- Camtasia or comparable eLearning development/design/editing tools
- NetDocuments or comparable document management systems (DMS)
- Exceptional work ethic
- Demonstrated research, analytical, and problem-solving skills within fast-paced, innovative technology environments
- Strong organizational, prioritization, time management, and project management skills, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and new applications/technologies
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate technology information to non-technical personnel
- Experienced with new software and hardware rollouts for 100+ end-users
- Ability to lift computer equipment or other bulky items up to 35 pounds
- Ability to travel overnight as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent technical certifications or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of help desk/support experience
- Previous law firm experience a plus
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan.
How to Apply
Please send a confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.