Kean Miller is seeking an experienced Transactional Legal Secretary/Assistant to support transactional lawyers in our downtown Baton Rouge office. The selected candidate will provide overall legal administrative support, drafting, editing formatting, and proofreading documents including minutes, resolutions, waivers, consents; drafts and coordinates mailing and return of annual corporate governance documents. Assist in document preparation for Commercial Real Estate transactions and closings.
Legal Experience Requirements
- Experience in transactional work related to business formations and corporate entities.
- Able to assist with compiling business transactional documentation and loan closing transactions.
- Advanced editing, meticulous formatting, and proofreading skills.
- Detail-focused and able to proofread with a high degree of accuracy, to redact and revise documents and exhibits.
- Technological proficiency in software including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiar with, or has the ability to become proficient in, technology and processes required for timekeeping, billing, redline or a track changes document software and document management systems.
- Enters conflict checks and opens files. Maintains files, both electronically and physically. Closes files per firm file closing procedures.
- Assists attorneys with time entries as needed.
- Prepares attorney expense reimbursement requests, assists with Attorney calendars, and may schedule travel.
- May assist in basic office administrative and office services functions such as processing incoming/outgoing mail, conference room set-ups, new hire office set-ups and basic kitchen and facility needs.
What Kean Miller Offers
Kean Miller provides its employees with competitive salaries and a full paid benefits package, a great work environment, stability, generous paid-time off and contributes to a 401k plan.
How to Apply
Please send a confidential resume to email@example.com.
The Firm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state, federal, and local laws and strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against employees, applicants, and others based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, transsexual status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, religion, creed, genetic tests or genetic information, sickle cell trait, or any other status, characteristic, or activity protected by applicable law. This applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, discipline, and discharge.