Workers' Compensation Defense
Kean Miller LLP represents large and small employers in a wide variety of workers’ compensation cases. We practice before the Office of Workers’ Compensation (OWC) and appeals courts. We have particular expertise representing clients in all phases of workers’ compensation claims, including hearings before OWC hearing officers, and in all phases of appeals, as well as mediations, negotiations, and all types of settlements, structured and lump sum.
We represent insured and self-insured companies, including some of Louisiana’s largest employers, in addition to third-party administrators. The Kean Miller LLP Workers’ Compensation Defense Team also advises clients on developing, drafting and implementing personnel and workers’ compensation policies and procedures, ensuring effective employment relations and compliance with Louisiana and Federal law.
- Representation of employers in various types of workers’ compensation claims, including disputes regarding occurrence of claimed injuries.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 company in a wide variety of workers compensation claims before administrative judges and tribunals.
- Successful representation of employer/company seeking reimbursement of indemnity and medical benefits paid on an accident and resulting injuries that were the fault of a third party.
- Representation of a global plastics company in workers compensation claims involving insurance coverage and statutory employer issues.
- Representation of a grocery cooperative in a range of workers compensations claims, hearings, proceedings, and trials.
- Representation of major employers in a wide variety of workers compensation claims.
- Medical treatment
- Types of benefits appropriate
- Extended disability
- Third party claims
- Occupational disease
- Vocational and occupational rehabilitation
- Choice of physician
- Medicare set-asides
- Reimbursement of Wages and Expenses
- Social Security offsets