Lauren Guichard HoskinAssociate
Lauren Hoskin is an associate in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2020 and practices with the offshore energy and marine litigation practice group. She has experience in handling cases involving Jones Act and marine personal injury defense, maritime litigation, contract disputes, vessel and cargo damage, ship collisions, ship allisions, and marine insurance.
Lauren is a member of the 2022 class of Pathfinders of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD).
- Trial experience representing marine construction contractor in federal bench trial on claims of breach of maritime contract
- Representation of towboat and barge owners in defense of property damage and personal injury claims under the Jones Act and the General Maritime Law
- Representation of drilling companies and oil companies in lawsuits filed by offshore workers based on the Jones Act, General Maritime Law, Louisiana state law, and the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Assisted in performing analyses of defense and indemnity issues in drilling and operations contracts, including master service contracts
- Representation of clients in matters involving the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (“OCSLA), including application of its choice of law provisions
- Representation of clients in matters involving the potential application of the Louisiana Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act (“LOIA”), and the Texas Anti-Indemnity Act
- Drafting of Master Service Agreements
- Representation of government contractor in litigation surrounding multi-million dollar oil spill response efforts
Lauren earned her B.A. from Millsaps College in 2010 and her M.B.A. from Millsaps College of Else School of Management in 2011. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2014, where she was a member of the Loyola Law Review and inducted into The Order of Barristers.
- Admitted, Louisiana; United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, New Orleans and Louisiana State Bar Association; St. Thomas Moore Inns of Court; 2022 Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- Louisiana Supreme Court Clarifies the Open and Obvious Defense in Farrell v. Circle K. Stores, Inc., et al., Louisiana Law Blog, October 3, 2023
- Taylor Energy Company Agrees to Pay Over $43 Million and Transfer $432 Million Decommissioning Trust Fund to the United States for Longest Running Oil Spill in U.S. History, Louisiana Law Blog, January 11, 2022
- Member, Junior League of New Orleans