Ambrose Stearns is an associate in the Lafayette office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2020 and focuses his practice on offshore energy and marine litigation, general casualty litigation, business and corporate law, and food and beverage law.
Ambrose assists businesses with a variety of legal matters, including preparation of contracts, regulatory guidance, and general transactional work. He also maintains an active litigation practice and defends insurance companies, businesses, and individuals in many types of litigation, including auto, slip and fall, general casualty, admiralty and marine litigation, and appellate matters.
Ambrose is an active member of the Lafayette and Louisiana State Bar Associations and the greater Lafayette community. He also serves on the board of Downtown Lafayette Unlimited where he helps organize and promote public spaces and events to support Lafayette’s community and businesses.
Ambrose is listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2023 and in Acadiana Profile as a 2023 Top Lawyer. He was selected for the Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division’s 2022 “Top 40” Award.
- Represented offshore services provider in litigation regarding a fatality resulting from an alleged unlit platform
- Represented client in multi-million-dollar sexual assault and premises liability matter
- Represented excess insurer in personal injury auto litigation
- Drafted subcontractor agreements for use by contractor in compliance with insurer’s regulations
- Represented client in litigation over partition of jointly held real estate
- Represented offshore service providers in collections on unpaid invoices and asserting liens on oil wells
- Represented offshore service provider in collecting debt against foreign drilling company for work performed in foreign waters
- Prepared supervisory writs, emergency supervisory writs, and appeal of summary judgment on liability for clients
- Represented clients in litigation concerning various casualty matters
Ambrose earned his B.A, cum laude, from the University of Dallas in 2014. He earned his J.D./D.C.L. from the LSU Law Center in 2019, where he received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in 2016, was the recipient of the Chancellor’s Scholarship and was an LSU Law Dean’s Scholar in the Fall of 2016 and the Spring of 2017.
During law school, Ambrose served as an extern for Judge John deGravelles in the Federal District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana and later with the U.S. Attorney’s office in the Middle District of Louisiana.
- Admitted, Louisiana, Louisiana Supreme Court; United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Louisiana State and Lafayette Bar Associations; Christian Legal Society; Downtown Lafayette Unlimited, Board of Directors
- Dangers of Dissolving Your LLC Business via Short Form Affidavit, Louisiana Law Blog, March 31, 2023
- Issuing Unconditional “McDill” Tender to Plaintiffs with Pre-Existing Injuries, Louisiana Law Blog, March 21, 2022
- John Bel Edwards Extends Legal Deadlines and Eases Requirements for Making Unemployment Insurance Claims in Wake of Hurricane Ida, Louisiana Law Blog, September 13, 2021