David T. JuddAssociate
David Judd is an associate in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2022 and practices with the offshore energy and maritime litigation practice group. Prior to joining Kean Miller, David served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jane T. Milazzo of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
While in law school, David was the Editor-in-Chief of volume 81 of the Louisiana Law Review. He was also one of three students, from his graduating class, selected by the Dean of the LSU Law Center to be a Junior Council Member of the Louisiana State Law Institute.
David earned his B.A., summa cum laude, from Louisiana State University in 2017. He graduated with distinction from the Ogden Honors College and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. David earned his J.D./D.C.L., magna cum laude, from the LSU Law Center in 2021, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and served as a member of the Board of Advocates and a regular competitor in the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition. David won the 2021 Dean’s Cup Moot Court Competition, and he was awarded the Vinson & Elkins Outstanding Student Comment Award. During law school, David served as an academic tutor and research assistant to Professor Raff Donelson.
Admitted, Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- OPA 90 or CERCLA? The U.S. Fifth Circuit Settles Which Applies to Mixed Oil Spills, Louisiana Law Blog, November 22, 2023
- Clarifying Contra Non Valentem: The Fifth Circuit Weighs in on Latent-Injury Cases, Louisiana Law Blog, October 16, 2023
- Choice-of-Law Clauses in Marine Insurance Policies: The U.S. Supreme Court Grants Cert, Louisiana Law Blog, March 21, 2023
- The Diversity Disclosure Statement: A New Amendment to Rule 7.1 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Louisiana Law Blog, December 13, 2022
- Disentangling DeVries: A Manufacturer's Duty to Warn Against the Dangers of Third-Party Products, 81 La. L. Rev. 217 (2020)