Georgia N. AinsworthAssociate
Georgia Ainsworth is an associate in Kean Miller’s New Orleans office. She joined the firm in 2019 and practices with the toxic tort, occupational exposure, and commercial litigation groups. She has experience defending tort claims involving alleged exposure to asbestos and asbestos-containing products at all stages of litigation. Georgia has also successfully litigated matters involving complex environmental, real estate, contractual, and personal injury claims.
Georgia earned her B.A. from Dalhousie University in 2007. She earned her J.D. from Tulane University Law School in 2013 with a certificate in international and comparative law. During her time in law school, Georgia was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Legal Professionalism, the David L. Herman Award, the Pro Bono Award, and the General Maurice Hirsch Award. In 2018, Georgia earned a Global Professional Masters of Law, Canadian Law Concentration, from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law.
- Louisiana, 2013; Admission candidate, Ontario Law Society, 2019
- New Orleans, Louisiana State and Federal Bar Associations; DRI; The Lawyers Committee for Cultural Heritage Preservation
- Speaker, Saving Cambodia’s Antiquities on the Ground and in the Courts, Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter’s CLE
- Board of Directors, The Ella Project
- Volunteer, New Orleans Bulldog Rescue
- Committee Member, Magnolia Ball, Ogden Museum of Southern Art
- Member, Bywater Neighborhood Association
- Member, Friends of Lafitte Greenway
- Emerging Philanthropists of New Orleans, Class of 2015