Matthew C. MeinersPartner
Matthew Meiners is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2009 and practices in the business and corporate group. Matthew has experience in the drafting and negotiation of numerous industrial service and purchase agreements. He also has experience representing numerous individuals and small businesses in connection with acquisitions and divestitures of their respective businesses and with formation of new entities, including drafting organizational documents and planning of overall corporate structure.
- Representation of an e-commerce platform and affiliated BBQ grill manufacturing entity in a joint sale of businesses to a private equity group
- Represented numerous Louisiana petrochemical plants, as well as industrial contractors and suppliers, in the negotiation of industrial service and purchase agreements, including Master Services Agreements and Master Purchase Agreements
- Prepared numerous templates for industrial Master Service Agreements and Master Purchase Agreements for petrochemical plant owners, as well as contractors and suppliers
- Represented major pipeline company in the acquisition of gas pipeline and related servitudes and rights of way in Louisiana
- Represented publicly traded company in major corporate restructuring project, including mergers, conversions and creation of subsidiaries
- Represented numerous individuals and small businesses in connection with acquisitions and divestitures of their respective businesses.
- Represented numerous individuals and small businesses in connection with formation of new entities, including drafting organizational documents and planning of overall corporate structure
- Represented numerous clients in the preparation and negotiation of security agreements, pledge agreements, guaranties and other security devices, and the perfection of security interests
- Prepared employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, and non-competition/non-solicitation agreements
- Represented numerous banks in connection with secured finances, including construction loans and asset based loans
Matthew earned his B.S. in International Trade and Finance with a minor in Economics from Louisiana State University in 1998. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from the LSU Law Center in 2009.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 2009
- Baton Rouge (Former Co-Chair, Business and Corporate Section) and Louisiana State Bar Associations
- Co-Presenter, Putting the CARES Act to Work for Your Business, Kean Miller Webinar, April 2, 2020
- Don't Throw Out Your Old Construction MSA Just Yet - LA Middle District Holds That the Date of the MSA Controls (Not the Date of the Work Order) For Purposes of Applying the Louisiana Construction Anti-Indemnity Act, Louisiana Law Blog, March 22, 2019
- Statutory Employer: A Louisiana Primer, Louisiana Law Blog, May 25, 2017
- Successor Liability: Considerations When Structuring Your Acquisition, Louisiana Law Blog, May 22, 2017
- Louisiana Business Corporation Act Replaces Louisiana Business Corporation Law, Louisiana Law Blog, August 7, 2015.
- Ownership of Attorney-Client Privilege Following Merger, Louisiana Law Blog, February 2014
- Personal Liability of Members of an LLC - Louisiana Supreme Court Provides Guidance, Louisiana Law Blog, February 2014
- Piercing the Veil of an LLC - The Fourth Circuit Weighs In; Kean Miller Business Newsletter, July 2010
- State Tax Nexus Issues; Lagniappe, Louisiana CPA publication, November 2010
- Former Board of Directors, Baton Rouge Green