Benn Vincent is a partner at Kean Miller and practices in the firm's litigation group. He represents local, national and international energy and industrial clients in cases involving a wide variety of substantive areas such as tax litigation, oil and gas litigation, NORM, environmental litigation, toxic tort, breach of contract, construction and commercial litigation, and warranty and products liability suits.
Applying his litigation skills outside of the courtroom, Benn was part of a team that negotiated and drafted the contract for the creation of a new oil and gas exploration and production company for one of Louisiana's largest landowners.
Benn is listed as a Rising Star in Louisiana Super Lawyers 2018.Representative Experience
- Representation of energy companies in legacy oil field lawsuits, including trials, Act 312 Agency hearings, mediations, and settlement discussions which have resulted in favorable jury verdicts, agency outcomes, settlements and outright dismissals of claims
- Representation of landowners in claims for acquisitive prescription
- Representation of timber companies in boundary disputes and timber piracy claims
- Representation of wood products manufacturing companies in the prosecution and defense of claims for breach of contract
- Representation of chemical manufacturing companies in contract disputes, personal injury, and joint venture claims
- Representation of major and independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in oilfield site claims alleging soil contamination, groundwater contamination, and alleged drinking water aquifer impacts
- Representation of physicians, healthcare providers and emergency medical transport providers against allegations of malpractice in medical review panel proceedings, courtroom litigation, and trials
- Representation of companies and general liability carriers in cases involving personal injury tort claims
- Representation of owners, contractors and subcontractors in construction and Louisiana lien litigation
- Representation of municipalities and law enforcement agencies in civil rights and general liability matters
- Negotiation of remediation projects with the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources and the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
Benn earned his B.A., cum laude, from Tulane University. He earned his J.D. and B.C.L. from the LSU Law Center where he was Chairman of the Moot Court Board.Admissions
- Admitted, Louisiana; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; Louisiana Supreme Court; All State District and Appellate Court of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, American and Federal Bar Associations; Louisiana Oil and Gas Association; Boys Scouts of America; National Eagle Scout Association; First Presbyterian Church; YMCA: Opera Louisiane; Baton Rouge City Club; LSU Law Center Chancellor's Council; Tulane Alumni Association; Tulane Louisiana Council
- Recent Developments in Oilfield Legacy Remediation and Litigation, A Kean Miller Environmental CLE, September 14, 2018
- Louisiana “Legacy” Litigation: A Primer and Comparative Review, Stay Out of Hot Water, A Kean Miller CLE, April 19, 2018
- Post Trial Motions: Articulating the Standards for JNOV vs. New Trial, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Center for Continuing Professional Development, Fundamentals of Civil Litigation
- Louisiana Wetlands Litigation Overview
- Living Wills and Advanced Directives, Plaquemine Study Club
- First Presbyterian Church
- YMCA Youth Baseball Coach
- Community Fund for the Arts
- Opera Louisiane
- Boy Scouts of America, Secretary
- Order of the Arrow
- Gonzales v. Kissner, 24 So. 3d 214 (La. App. 1st Cir. 09/11/06).
- Hall v. Fidelity Bank and Trust Co., 2008 WL 607598 (La. App. 1st Cir. 02/20/08).
- Hardy v. A. Wilbert's Sons, L.L.C., 970 So.2d 1063 (La. App. 1st Cir. 09/19/07).
- State Machinery & Equipment Sales, Inc. v. Iberville Parish Council, 952 So. 2D 77 (La. App. 1st Cir. 12/28/06).
- Gaspard One, L.L.C. v. B P America Production Co., 2008 WL 465813 (W.D. La. 2008).