Bryant R. BremerPartner
Download VCard Print This Profile
Bryant Bremer is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the Firm in 2022 and practices in the areas of environmental regulation, compliance and incident and emergency response. Bryant also has experience in occupational exposure issues, including benzene and asbestos litigation. He is licensed to practice law in Louisiana, Texas, and Kansas. With over 20 years of legal experience, Bryant recently served as in-house counsel to a Fortune 10 energy company’s Baton Rouge refining and chemical operations, as well as in private practice with law firms in Dallas and Baton Rouge.
While serving as lead on-site counsel at the fifth-largest refinery in the U.S., responsible for local environmental and compliance matters, Bryant advised site management and worked collaboratively with the safety, health and environmental, team on regulatory issues, enforcement, and permitting, including negotiations with EPA Region 6, the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality, the U.S. Coast Guard and the Louisiana State Police. He also provided legal support during emergency incidents and on local employment, contract, and real estate matters.
- Responsible for Title V and State air permits for Baton Rouge area refinery, chemical, polyolefins, plastic and finishing plants.
- Responsible for NSR/PSD review for refining facility including projects, modifications, and upgrades.
- Responsible for on-site EPA RMP inspection of a refinery and chemical plant as well as LDEQ’s RMP inspection of plastics and finishing plant.
- Responsible for multiple OSHA PSM investigations.
- Provided legal advice and guidance on implementation of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP regulations and opinion letters at Baton Rouge area refining plant.
Bryant has extensive experience as the lead attorney responsible for NAAQS and SIP implementation plans and BWON issues. He has also taken a lead role in air enforcement, citizen suits, and the implementation and partial termination of an EPA Chemical Flare Consent Decree. Bryant has handled all manner of State and CERCLA Release Reporting, LPDES permitting, Water Quality Standard reporting, Water Enforcement issues, Chemical Safety Board issues, onsite incident and emergency response, groundwater matters, and EPAs Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans.
Bryant earned his B.S.N. from University of Kansas in 1998. He earned his J.D. from Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law in 2001. After law school, he served as an intern for the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 6.
Admitted, Louisiana, 2018; Kansas, 2004; Texas, 2001
- Contributor, The Legal Quagmire: Courtroom battles threaten local project timelines, 10/12 Industry Report, May 31, 2022
- William “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Kansas State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Commentator, The Dunham School, Athletic Broadcast Network, January 2021 – Present
- Volunteer Coach, Baton Rouge Soccer Club, September 2016 – November 2019