Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) of 1970, all businesses are required to provide a safe working environment free from hazards. Kean Miller’s OSHA legal team combines the experience of attorneys with backgrounds in state and federal labor and employment law, environmental regulation, emergency \ incident response, and tort litigation.
We provide OSHA counsel to local, national, and global companies with significant operations in Louisiana, including compliance advice, industry standards, general duty requirements, reporting, safety plans, training, safety manual development, and incident investigations. We also counsel clients on related EPA Risk Management Program (RMP) requirements. Our team regularly represents industry clients in OSHA matters, and we work with in-house legal staff, facility leadership, and business executives to defend enforcement actions and provide training to front line personnel.
- Representation of a Louisiana chemical manufacturing facility in U.S. Chemical Safety Board (CSB), EPA and OSHA investigations involving an explosion and fire
- Representation of a chemical complex during an extensive plant-wide OSHA NEP investigation
- Representation of numerous marine and energy companies in U.S. Coast Guard and OSHA investigations and hearings
- Representation of an industrial contractor in a matter involving the death of an employee on a job site
- Assisted a Louisiana plastics plant in an OSHA investigation following a serious injury to an employee
- Representation of global rubber manufacturer during negotiation of favorable informal settlement agreement after issuance of citation with several Process Safety Management (PSM) related items and fines, troublesome classifications, and onerous abatement deadlines
- Representation of an industrial construction contractor during the negotiation of a favorable informal settlement agreement after issuance of a citation with several items related to OSHA recordkeeping violations
- Counseling with regard to OSHA HAZWOPER requirements for chemical and refining facilities
- Development of OSHA training programs and materials (including training for supervisors and managers pursuant to OSHA’s National Emphasis Program (NEP)) for global chemical producers
- Assistance to numerous clients with respect to OSHA incident investigations