Julie Silbert is special counsel in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 1994 and practices in the environmental law and commercial litigation groups. Julie has extensive experience in the Louisiana energy, petrochemical and manufacturing industry and works with clients regarding litigation strategy and litigation management. She has experience in litigation involving complex commercial matters, casualty, toxic mold, NORM litigation, and environmental contamination.
Julie earned her B.A., summa cum laude, from Tulane University. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from Tulane University Law School in 1984. Julie was a recipient of a Thomas J. Watson Fellowship for international study and travel. She served on the Tulane Law School Moot Court board and is a member of the Order of Barristers. She served as a Law Clerk to the Hon. Walter F. Marcus, Jr., Louisiana Supreme Court, from 1984 to 1985.
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1984; United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana; United States District Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- New Orleans, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations; New Orleans Bar Association's Inns of Court; New Orleans Association of Women Attorneys; New Orleans Chapter of Women's Energy Network
- Member, Advisory Council to the Dean of the School of Liberal Arts, Tulane University
- Board Member, Tulane University Hillel
- Member, HELP Pro Bono Legal Services
- Volunteer, Harry Tompson/Rebuild Homeless Shelter
- Member, Bike MS Team, National Multiple Sclerosis Society