Karli Glascock Johnson is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 1999 and practices in the business litigation, toxic tort defense and environmental litigation groups. Karli represents clients in general litigation, oil and gas litigation, chemical exposure cases, warranty/product liability litigation and complex commercial litigation, including business torts, trade secrets, breach of contract, trade secrets,and unfair competition. She also advises clients on electronic discovery, e-discovery compliance, electronically stored information (ESI), electronic information management, and retention and destructive policies and procedures.
Karli is listed as a Rising Star in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2014. She is past-president of the Baton Rouge Bar Association.Representative Experience
- Representation of a global computer company in complex business litigation
- Representation of numerous chemical, petrochemical and chemical transport companies in mass toxic tort cases
- Representation of a major computer company in warranty / redhibition actions
- Representation of chemical companies involved in a long-term exposure multi-plaintiff lawsuit
- Representation of large oil companies in connection with claims of environmental property damage related to exploration and production activities
- Assist large companies in creating usable and efficient data management plans for current and future litigation
- Assist large companies in the location and preservation of relevant data in various locations, and ultimately with production of that data in compliance with federal and state regulations
- Regularly counsels clients involving complex records preservation and collection issues, litigation holds, e-discovery and all manner of discovery related issues
Karli earned her B.A. from Louisiana State University in 1995. She earned her J.D. from the LSU Law Center 1999.Admissions
- Admitted, Louisiana, 1999
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Associations
- Co-Presented "Document Retention and Destruction in Louisiana" to in-house counsel
- Co-Authored, "Expert Depositions in the Era of Daubert and Its Progeny," with Leonard L. Kilgore, ABA Environmental Litigation Section, 2001.
- 2010 Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyer's Section "Outstanding Young Lawyer of Louisiana"
- Member, Board of Directors, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member, Volunteer Panel, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Volunteer Coach, Louisiana State Bar Association Mock Trial
- Member, Mock Trial Competition Committee
- Member, Holiday Star Committee, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member, Belly Up to the Bar Committee, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member, Delta Zeta Alumnae, LSU Chapter