Kincaid JacksonSenior Counsel
Download VCard Print This Profile
Kincaid Jackson is senior counsel in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He joined the firm in 2022 and practices in the business, corporate, and real estate groups. Kincaid focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions, including entity formation, capitalization, governance, and bylaws/operating agreements for businesses. He represents clients in a variety of industries, including marine contractors and shipbuilders, national foodservice distributors, casino service providers, construction companies, financial service providers, agriculture companies, medical providers, and energy and marine service providers. He regularly handles large office, industrial, retail, multi-family, residential, and specialty sector real estate investment and development projects. Kincaid also has an active business practice and serves as outside general counsel to companies in various sectors.
- Closing attorney and title attorney for commercial real estate transactions for the acquisition, disposition, leasing, and mortgage financing of over 3,500,000 square feet in the office, industrial, retail, multi-family, and specialty sectors.
- Borrower counsel and title attorney in commercial mortgage-backed securities transactions in excess of $250 million in retail, office, industrial, and specialty sectors.
- Representation of multiple self-storage companies throughout the state of Louisiana for over 8,000 total units in acquisition, construction, leasing, collections, mortgage financing; closing attorney and title attorney.
- Developer counsel in connection with the construction, condominium declarations, condominium association formation (and developer administration), leasing, and mortgage financing of a condominium complex in Covington, Louisiana with 18,450 square feet of residential condominiums and 9,333 square feet of office condominiums.
- Developer counsel in connection with the acquisition, development, and disposition of multiple residential neighborhoods in Abita Springs, Hammond, and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Borrower counsel and title attorney in commercial mortgage-backed securities refinancing of the Capital City Press building in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with 152,000 square feet of office space.
- Representation of a shopping center with over 120,000 square feet of retail in West Monroe, Louisiana, including acquisition, improvements construction, leasing, tenant matters; borrower counsel and title attorney.
- Seller counsel in the sale of a shopping center with 67,000 square feet of retail in Ruston, Louisiana.
- Representation of broadline foodservice distributor in connection with the acquisition, mortgage financing (borrower counsel and title attorney), and disposition of its distribution facilities.
- Representation of broadline foodservice distributor in connection with ground lease, construction, and mortgage financing (borrower counsel and title attorney) of 31,608 square foot distribution facility in Port Fourchon, LA.
- Buyer counsel and title attorney for acquisition and mortgage financing of 7,500-acre farm in St. Landry Parish, Louisiana.
- Developer counsel in connection with mortgage financing and build to suit lease of a multinational coffeehouse chain located in Gonzales, Louisiana.
- Developer counsel in connection with mortgage financing and lease of a car rental agency located in Gonzales, Louisiana.
- Representation of asphalt company in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, including closing attorney and title attorney for asphalt plant and seller counsel in sale of asphalt plant.
- Representation of marine contractor in connection with two shipyards and one repair-yard facility located in Lockport and Houma, Louisiana.
- Seller counsel for marine contractor in sale of previous shipyard located in Houma, Louisiana.
- Buyer counsel and title attorney in connection with partner buyout and mortgage financing of a hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Seller counsel in connection with partner sale of interest in a hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Borrower counsel in connection with Covid-19 related lender workouts for approximately 1,000 total multi-family units in Louisiana on loans exceeding $25,000,000.
Business & Corporate
- Outside general counsel to a food products supplier and affiliates.
- Outside general counsel to a marine construction company and affiliates and in the development and maintenance of comprehensive contract suites and conduct negotiations for all contract needs.
- Representation of family offices, use of limited liability companies as a substitute for dynastic trusts, and generational transfers.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lead seller closing counsel in sale of foodservice division (over $250 million in annual sales) to a multinational wholesale corporation in 2018.
- Lead seller closing counsel in sale of multiple storage facilities.
- Buyer counsel in acquisition and restructure of a food service company and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Buyer counsel in acquisition and restructure of a ship and boat building company and their affiliates and subsidiaries.
Kincaid earned his J.D. from the Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 2001. He earned his B.A. in English from Southern Methodist University in 1998.
- Admitted, All Louisiana State and Federal Courts
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Land Title Association
- Licensed Title Producer – State of Louisiana
- Authorized Attorney – Commonwealth Land Title Company