Bill D'Armond is of counsel to the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. He is a founding member of the firm and has more than 40 years of legal experience. Bill represents management clients in a wide variety of labor law issues in diverse industries such as manufacturing, petrochemical, construction/maintenance, health care, and banking.
In addition to counseling clients on compliance with state and federal labor and employment laws, Bill has actively represented employers in court, administrative and arbitration proceedings. He has experience with the major federal agencies with employment related jurisdiction, including the NLRB, EEOC, OFCCP, and OSHA. Bill's experience includes assisting employers with the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, advice and counsel regarding labor contract interpretation and grievances, and assisting in complex arbitrations.
Bill served as an Adjunct Professor at the Louisiana State University Law Center from 1974 until 1984. He practiced with Baker & Botts in Houston for 5 years (1964 – 1969) before returning home to Baton Rouge. He has been listed for 20 years in The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White, Inc.), and is listed in "Chambers USA-America's Leading Business Lawyers.", Super Lawyers, Louisiana Super Lawyers, Marquis Who's Who in America Law, Who's Who Legal USA. Bill is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Bill earned his B.A. from Louisiana State University in 1961. He earned his J.D. from Harvard Law School, cum laude, in 1964.
- Admitted, Texas, 1964; Louisiana, 1970; United States District Court for the Middle, Western and Eastern Districts of Louisiana; United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit; United States Supreme Court
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana State (Labor and Employment Section) and American Bar Associations; State Bar of Texas
- Defending EEOC Cases—A Beginner's Guide, 19 Louisiana Bar Journal 53.
- The Americans With Disabilities Act with Cynthia Chemay – 90 minute videotape – 1992.
- Joint Employment, Various Chemical Companies Seminar, 2003.
- Ten Steps to Help Win Your Discrimination Case, Greater Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management, 2002.
- Nondiscrimination in Employment – A Few Things To Do, Chambers of Commerce of West Baton Rouge and Iberville Parishes, 2001.
- Nondiscrimination in Employment – A Few Things To Do, McNeese State University/Louisiana Department of Labor, 2001.
- Joint Employers/Co-Employers/Alter Egos/Single Employers/Statutory Employers: A Guide Through the Confusion, Kean Miller LLP CPA Breakfast, 2001.
- Employment Law – A Few Selected Things Employers Should Know, McNeese State University/Louisiana Department of Labor, 2000.
- Joint Employment, Calcasieu Human Resource Management Association, 1998.
- Co-Employment, St. James Business Association, 1998.
- Salting, Industrial Contractors Council, Associated Building Contractors, 1996.
- Sexual Harassment, Louisiana Municipal Association, 1994, 1992.
- Joint Employment, Various Chemical Companies, 1994.
- The Americans With Disabilities Act, Dupre Management Services, 1992.
- ADA Compliance: Employment Law (Overview and Checklist), LSU, Office of Government Programs, 1992.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act, Dautrive Hospital, 1992.
- History and Development of Labor and Employment Laws, Kean Miller LLP Seminar, 1991.
- References and Employee Background Checks, Council on Education in Management, 1991.
- Selected Issues in Employment Discrimination Law, Kean Miller LLP CPA Breakfast, 1991.
- Sexual Harassment, Kean Miller LLP CPA Breakfast, 1991.
- Selected Employment Topics – Public Employee Overtime, ADA and Sexual Harassment, Louisiana Municipal Association, 1991.
- Ethical Problems in Negotiations, Baton Rouge Bar Association, 1988.
- Discharge of Public Employees, Louisiana City Attorneys Association, 1983.
- The Art of Negotiation, Gulf Coast Law Institute, 1983.
- Picketing, Secondary Boycotts and Injunctions, United Contractors Association, 1976.
- Negotiations and Judicial Settlements, LSU Law Center, 1974.
- Labor Relations in Baton Rouge Construction Industry, Industrial Management Club, 1974.
- Member, Louisiana Elections Integrity Commission
- President, Louisiana Art and Science Museum
- Chairman, Lawyers Division, Capital Area United Way
- President, St. James Place Retirement Community
- President, St. James Episcopal Day School
- Trustee, Episcopal High School