Film and Entertainment
Film and entertainment professionals rely on our industry know-how as a local resource.KEAN MILLER, YOUR COUNSEL
Kean Miller is counsel to the film, entertainment, and video game industry in Louisiana. We work closely with clients and industry professionals in a variety of practice areas, including economic development and tax incentives, business and corporate matters, dispute resolution, intellectual property, and real estate. Our lawyers were instrumental in the drafting, modifications, and re-enactments of the Louisiana Motion Picture Incentive Act.
- Lobbying and active involvement in drafting, modifications, and re-enactments of the Louisiana Motion Picture Incentive Act
- Representation of Louisiana entertainment industry investment / tax credit finance companies
- Representation of financial institutions in connection with production lending and tax credit financing
- Representation of the state-of-the art water filming production facility located in Shreveport, Louisiana
- Representation of various film and television production studios in the state of Louisiana, including the largest studio in the state located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Lobbying and active involvement with the passage of legislation enacting the Louisiana Digital Media Act and subsequent revisions of the Act designed to encourage development in Louisiana of a strong capital base for the production of digital interactive media
- Representation of various digital media and software development companies throughout the state of Louisiana
- Negotiation of all relevant agreements for a large public university in its formation of a multimedia joint venture for providing "stock" footage for use in films and other media.
- Representation of a product manufacturer in connection with negotiations with Multi-Media Exposure, a broker/agent for the Home Shopping Network and QVC.
- Representation of a music and music technology provider in the review of contracts regarding sponsorship of and products placement on a Fox Network television program.
- Representation of a book author in a movie rights marketing agreement.
- Representation of a major electronics manufacturer in contract negotiations and disputes with its celebrity spokespersons.
- Negotiation of licenses with a musical artist and a music publisher regarding use of music for a television program.
- Negotiation of joint development and license agreements for a company that provides multimedia training.
- Representation of authors in obtaining copyright protection for audiovisual, audio and literary works, including CDs and DVDs.
- Representation of a major advertising company regarding patent rights related to electronic transmission of media product.
- Representation of a scaffolding and supplies contractor with a concentration in the movie industry.
- Representation of development stage e-learning company in connection with private equity financing.
- Assisted and advised clients with regard to the licensing of copyrighted musical works.
- Representation of publishing companies in obtaining federal trademark registrations.
- Representation of Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers in litigation in New Orleans.
- Representation of the band Puddle of Mudd in copyright infringement claims.