Kelicia D. RayaAssociate
Kelicia Raya is an associate in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2022 and practices with the energy and environmental litigation group. Prior to joining the firm, Kelicia served as a law clerk to the Honorable Ivan L.R. Lemelle of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Kelicia has experience in federal law, including criminal, post-conviction, maritime, and immigration.
While in law school, Kelicia served as Managing Editor and Symposium Editor of the Maritime Law Journal and President of the International Law Society. She was a Jessup International Law Moot Court competition team oralist and brief writer, and a Moot Court member. Kelicia was also a member of the Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society of Jesuit Institutions, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society, Black Law Student Association, Intellectual Property Law Association, AIPLA, and Evening Law Student Association.
Kelicia is listed in the Lawyers of Color Hot List 2022.
Kelicia earned her J.D., cum laude, from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2021. She earned her B.A. in Biology and Psychology from Xavier University of Louisiana in 2014.
Admitted, Louisiana, 2021
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louis A. Martinet Society
- Institute for Energy Law
- Maritime Law Association
- Women’s Energy Network, South Louisiana Chapter
- Association of Women Attorneys
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color
- National Urban League Young Professionals
- Junior Committee and Seebold Society, Women’s Guild of Greater New Orleans
- Young Leadership Council, New Orleans Chapter
- Junior League of Greater New Orleans
- Risks of ESG Within Your Corporation: The Rise in Greenwashing Claims, Stay out of Hot Water, A Kean Miller CLE, Houston, TX, April 13, 2023
- Conflicting Interpretations: The Fifth Circuit’s Decision in Valero Marketing & Supply Co. v. M/V ALMI SUN and the Road to Uniformity, LMLJ 65, December 2020
- Establishing Personal Jurisdiction: Negligence Claims Against a Foreign Corporation, Loyola Current, July 2019
- Border Safety and the Requirement of Reasonable Suspicion to Search Cruise Ship Cabins, Loyola Current, April 2019
- Beware Alter Ego Liability: Piercing of the Corporate Veil, Loyola Current, October 2018