Kean Miller LLP regularly represents lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers, doctors, and dentists in state and federal court in Louisiana. Our representation includes the defense of actions for professional malpractice, professional liability, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud or malicious prosecution claims. We guide professionals with regard to their legal and ethical obligations as well as represent them in connection with the business aspects of their disputes.
- Representation of five law firms comprising a class action litigation plaintiffs’ group in connection with claim of malpractice involving a $164,000,000 class action settlement.
- Representation of a plaintiffs’ attorney in connection with a malpractice claim by a client alleging improper “aggregate” settlement in a complex case.
- Representation of attorneys in connection with claims of breach of professional responsibility rules and governmental ethics code issues.
- Representation of several firms comprising a class action litigation plaintiffs’ group regarding fee dispute and allocation issues arising from train derailment case.
- Representation of a law firm in connection with a claim by a former associate regarding certain alleged wrongful practices by the firm in handling matters for former clients and fees involved therein.
- Representation of an architect in connection with a faulty design claim involving a theater ceiling.
- Representation of architectural firm in connection with claim for payment for services and counterclaim of faulty design involving jail complex.
- Representation of a design engineer in a construction defect case with alleged damages over $10,000,000.
- Representation of architects in a malpractice claim arising out of personal injuries in a public building.
- Representation of a physician in a medical malpractice lawsuit in Baton Rouge. The plaintiff alleged that the doctor negligently damaged the patient's anterior interrosseous nerve during a surgical procedure. Kean Miller LLP obtained a successful "zero verdict" in a week-long jury trial.
- Successful "zero verdict" in a week-long jury trial in Baton Rouge where a patient's family alleged that a physician failed to diagnose cervical cancer, resulting in the patient's death.
- Representation of an emergency room physician in Pointe Coupee Parish in a medical malpractice suit. The doctor was accused of failing to diagnose a compartment syndrome in a patient's leg after presentation to the emergency room. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero verdict”.
- Representation of an emergency room physician in St. James Parish in a medical malpractice suit. The doctor was accused of improperly discharging a patient from the emergency room after the plaintiff alleged that she was suffering from cardiovascular disease that the doctor should have diagnosed. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero jury verdict”.
- Representation of a plastic surgeon during a week-long trial involving claims of improper surgical technique and lack of informed consent. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero jury verdict”.
- Successful defense of Baton Rouge surgeon in a case in Baton Rouge District Court where a piece of a mediport catheter was left in a patient's body.
- Representation of a family practitioner regarding a claim for failure to diagnose breast cancer in Iberville parish. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero verdict” on behalf of the physician.