- Representation of five law firms comprising a class action litigation plaintiffs’ group in connection with claim of malpractice involving a $164,000,000 class action settlement.
- Representation of a plaintiffs’ attorney in connection with a malpractice claim by a client alleging improper “aggregate” settlement in a complex case.
- Representation of attorneys in connection with claims of breach of professional responsibility rules and governmental ethics code issues.
- Representation of several firms comprising a class action litigation plaintiffs’ group regarding fee dispute and allocation issues arising from train derailment case.
- Representation of a law firm in connection with a claim by a former associate regarding certain alleged wrongful practices by the firm in handling matters for former clients and fees involved therein.
- Representation of an architect in connection with a faulty design claim involving a theater ceiling.
- Representation of architectural firm in connection with claim for payment for services and counterclaim of faulty design involving jail complex.
- Representation of a design engineer in a construction defect case with alleged damages over $10,000,000.
- Representation of architects in a malpractice claim arising out of personal injuries in a public building.
- Representation of a physician in a medical malpractice lawsuit in Baton Rouge. The plaintiff alleged that the doctor negligently damaged the patient's anterior interrosseous nerve during a surgical procedure. Kean Miller LLP obtained a successful "zero verdict" in a week-long jury trial.
- Successful "zero verdict" in a week-long jury trial in Baton Rouge where a patient's family alleged that a physician failed to diagnose cervical cancer, resulting in the patient's death.
- Representation of an emergency room physician in Pointe Coupee Parish in a medical malpractice suit. The doctor was accused of failing to diagnose a compartment syndrome in a patient's leg after presentation to the emergency room. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero verdict”.
- Representation of an emergency room physician in St. James Parish in a medical malpractice suit. The doctor was accused of improperly discharging a patient from the emergency room after the plaintiff alleged that she was suffering from cardiovascular disease that the doctor should have diagnosed. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero jury verdict”.
- Representation of a plastic surgeon during a week-long trial involving claims of improper surgical technique and lack of informed consent. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero jury verdict”.
- Successful defense of Baton Rouge surgeon in a case in Baton Rouge District Court where a piece of a mediport catheter was left in a patient's body.
- Representation of a family practitioner regarding a claim for failure to diagnose breast cancer in Iberville parish. Kean Miller LLP obtained a “zero verdict” on behalf of the physician.