Probate, Trust, and Guardianship Litigation and Administration
The Probate, Trust, and Guardianship Litigation and Administration practice at Kean Miller is focused on handling intricate and high-stakes matters involving the protection of assets that, in some instances, have taken lifetimes to accumulate. Responsively managing sensitive matters, and providing sound legal options to clients, is the overarching goal of the group. Our experienced attorneys focus their practices almost exclusively in this area of the law, priding themselves in their ability to achieve innovative solutions to complex and emotionally charged issues.
When disputes arise concerning trusts, wills, gifts, and guardianship estates, we approach the engagement with the sensitivity or force required to achieve our clients’ goals. If circumstances require it, we are prepared to proceed to litigation to protect our clients’ interests.
We address all aspects of probate, trust, estate, and guardianship litigation, as well as complex and disputed administration issues. Representative types of matters handled by the attorneys include:
- Breach of fiduciary claims – defense and prosecution
- Fiduciary risk management
- Accounting litigation
- Fiduciary surcharge and removal litigation
- Will and trust contests
- Guardianship litigation and incapacity proceedings
- Trust modification, reformation and termination
- Will and trust construction proceedings
- Alternative dispute resolution proceedings for probate