Underground Storage Tanks (USTs)
Kean Miller represents a variety of clients with regard to underground storage tank litigation – from major energy marketers to smaller local businesses. We serve as local counsel to many major energy companies and routinely represent real estate developers and property owners. We focus our efforts on litigation techniques designed to reduce costs to the client while providing an experienced team of attorneys with a thorough knowledge of UST case law, contamination matters, environmental regulation and toxic tort law. Richard Pabst, partner to our New Orleans office, handled UST-related litigation and regulatory issues for Texaco, Inc. while in-house with the company.
- Representation of a national petroleum marketer in a purported nationwide class action asserting claims based upon alleged leaks from underground storage tanks.
- Representation of a major oil company marketing group against property damage claims related to leaking underground gasoline tanks.
- Representation of a national retail store with automotive facilities in proceedings before the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality in connection with remediation of USTs at several Louisiana locations and in associated litigation with property owners.
- Representation of numerous clients in matters before the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality with regard to the investigation, assessment and remediation of contaminants from leaking underground storage tanks.
- Representation of a regional laundry and dry cleaning company in connection with remediation of Perchloroethylene leaks from USTs and operations at several Louisiana locations and in proceedings before the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality.
- Representation of a national grocery retailer in the remediation of contamination from several underground storage tanks at a former gas station location in order to construct a new store location.