Our team draws on decades of business and transactional expertise, practical advice, and litigation counseling designed to find the quickest and most efficient solution for our clients.
- Representation of a bank in protecting the institution’s interest in collateral in a dispute involving a restrictive covenant and in defending claims of breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty involving a loan agreement.
- Representation of a finance company in defending claims brought by customers who purchased credit insurance in connection with a loan transaction and in enforcing arbitration agreements.
- Representation of a bank in addressing a claim to funds wherein multiple persons may have had interest in the money held on deposit.
- Representation of a finance company in defending Truth in Lending, RICO and other federal and state causes of action.
- Representation of major financial institution before United States Fifth Circuit in a case affirming a district court ruling by enforcing an arbitration agreement signed by a borrower as part of a loan transaction and sale of credit insurance.
- Representation of banks, financial institutions and other lenders in commercial collection and foreclosure actions, including use of Louisiana’s unique “executory process” procedures.
- Defense of national and state banks in connection with lender-liability claims involving alleged multi-million dollar losses.
- Defense of stock brokers, dealers, promoters, partners, and executives with regard to security fraud claims.
- Defense of stock brokers and agents on suitability-related claims.
- Defense of local and national finance companies of accused of violating federal and state truth-in-lending laws.
- Defense and prosecution of Director-and-Officer liability and other fiduciary duty-related claims.
- Defense and prosecution of claims arising from corporate management’s alleged failure to follow its own governance documents and procedures.
- Defense of certified public accountants and other financial professionals in fiduciary litigation.