Hearing Loss Defense
Kean Miller represents petrochemical and energy industry clients in the defense of alleged hearing loss claims. Our 25 years of experience in occupational exposure and occupational illness cases provides our clients with effective, efficient representation in defending alleged hearing loss claims. We defend claims for short-term and long-term exposure to noise, hazardous substances, industrial accidents involving hazardous or toxic substances, asbestos litigation, and products liability litigation involving the sale of hazardous or toxic substances.
The Kean Miller Hearing Loss Defense team is comprised of seasoned trial attorneys, litigation management professionals, and a certified audiologist.
- Landmark decision by the Louisiana Supreme Court holding that hearing loss tort claims against employers are barred because those claims are compensable under the Louisiana Workers Compensation Act ("the Act") as an occupational disease under the Act's post-1975 definition of that term as an accident under the Act's pre-1990 definition of that term.
- Representation of a global chemical refiner in the defense of alleged hearing loss claims by former employees and contractors.
- Representation of a specialty chemicals company in the defense of alleged hearing loss claims.
- Representation of numerous foreign petrochemical clients in the management of hearing loss claims throughout Louisiana.
- Representation of two global fertilizer producers in the defense of alleged hearing loss claims in Louisiana.
- Representation of the chemical division of a Fortune 500 company in the defense of alleged hearing loss claims.
- Representation of a foreign based manufacturer in the defense of alleged hearing loss claims.